Monday, January 8, 2018

January 8, 2018



Hello everyone,

This week has been eventful and fast!

We ate some Greek food this week. One night, we had Stuvlakie, and the next day we had Cypriot gyros. They were very, very good. 

We did some service at the horse ranch again, and I got my feet soaked by the Mediterranean Sea. I was up at the top of the beach where the water couldn't reach me, and all of a sudden, this huge wave comes, and we all start running. Well, the rocks kept shifting, and I couldn't escape fast enough. My feet got soaked. But, the Sampsons bought us crepes after so that was a plus.

We tried to meet new people by going to play football (American soccer) on Saturday. It turned out to be a holiday, and so no one was playing. But, as we were walking down the highway heading home, the four of us (M., A., J., and the Pale Guy aka Elder Müller) look up from our conversation and see a huge horse blocking traffic and just walking down the road. We helped this lady get control of it, but she wasn't even the owner! We had us, who work at a horse farm, this lady, a former rider, and a guy who works for a racing club in Nicosia all trying to help this horse and figure out its owner. Miracles happen y’all. What are the chances that three groups of people who all know horses all cross paths at that exact moment? We got ahold of the owner, and he came and got the horse. Apparently, M. and A. saw the horse get away from him again, lol. So, it was all in vain. 

We also had a conversation with a friend of ours who we hope to start teaching. He is a very, very stout anti-Semite and anti-Bible—Holocaust denier and everything. He was ranting about Jews when all of a sudden, he stopped and just asked me, "Müller, what do you want out of this life?"

I said, "I want to be married and have kids; nothing else matters because family brings the greatest joy in life." It was the first time he didn't have a response to something I said. He just stopped and took a minute to figure out what he should say.

Eventually he said, "I like that. That is pure. You guys have a purity with you." He told us we were the first Mormon missionaries that impressed him. "All the others just run away" he said. He is going to study the Book of Mormon in Greek and in English. I'm sure he will try to disprove it and Joseph Smith. But, I hope he feels something when he reads it. I know it is the word of God, and he can't change that. 

Not much else really happened this week.

Pictures will be next week! We are going to see some ancient mosaics today for Preparation day.

Love you all and wish you a happy New Year! Χρονιά Πολλά!


- Πρεσβύτερος Μούλερ (Elder Müller)


No comments:

Post a Comment